The Consequences Of Jeffism


The Consequences Of Jeffism

To
purge
my
barren
bed
of
your
memory

To eviscerate
your touch
from my skin

You became
an organ
of mine
sometimes
working
inside me

How do I
dissect
that which
is only a
phantom
of the physical

No anesthetic
for I am both
surgeon
and patient

What tools
scalpel, forceps
do I use in
performing
such an
operation

Is the delicate touch
of nerve sensitive
fingers required

or
is this a job for a
master butcher
ripping out the infection
with blood painted hands

What can this
non terminal but
excruciating disease
that was the
“you” experience
give me

You waste away
my mind and heart
with distrust
and give me
the bitter backwash
of my own stupidity

Your removal
is a necessary
for malignancy
is not the norm

but
when
you
are
gone

will
the
symptoms
remain

December 12, 1992
Tressa Lee Breen

No comments:

Post a Comment