Loosing My Religion 5: poetry

Faithless

I once was so sure
with a child's Absolutism
that I knew what came before

I once was so sure
with a youth's Omnipotence
that I knew what came after

I once was so sure
with a young adult's Spirit
that I knew I had been wrong
but had now found out what was

Today I am not so sure
how much of my past
dictated my past
and circled around
to my present

The calls of the Faithful
have no draw for me
and although there are many roads
not one pulls me home

My Beliefs have lost the battle with my Truths
and my Truths have fallen away
I have no Absolutes
and no Omnipotence

I still have my Instinct
I still have my Reason
My Spirituality is my Humanity
and is that not the truest Answer
to the Question "Why?"

For the first time I am Faithless
For the first time I am Free

June 18, 2007


A New Kind Of Magic

First there were wizards
with cards of the future
and boards that pointed from another world

Along came the sorcerers
with their book of ways and rules
and flocks of the loudly faithful

Then there were witches
with gods and goddesses of the past
and moons of lightness and dark

They all led me through
the illusionists and mirages
where prayers and spells
become reasons and answers
inquiry is the chants of rosaries
and skepticism is the salt of the earth

Now proof is required of the magic
and questions are always asked of the magicians

June 19, 2007


Loose (loos), adjective, looser, loosest, adverb, verb, loosed, loosing:
free or released from fastening or attachment,
free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered.

No comments:

Post a Comment