About Poetry

To crawl into another’s soul
and sail through stanzas there 
I cannot do 

To slip into another’s heart 
and caress the verses there 
I cannot do 

To meld into another’s mind 
and read the words there 
I cannot do 

My poetry 
about my poetry 
I can do 

My poetry 
can make me drunker than midori sours 
and black samuca chasers 
straight up 

My poetry 
is my strongest antidepressant 

My poetry 
makes me almost as happy as Robin Williams’ stand-up 
almost 

My poetry 
fills me up more than pizza 
(and is certainly healthier) 

My poetry 
is like Star Trek 
was there at my beginning 
will be there at my end 

April 28, 2019
#GloPoWriMo2019 #NaPoWriMo2019 Day 28 Prompt: write a meta-poem, a poem about poetry.
#ShutUpWrite2019 Challenge
Midori Sour: Midori liquor and sour mix

1 comment: