THE ENEMY


The Enemy

I don't have the anger for this
it's not mixed in the make-up of me

I don't hate with my skin
"blow me" if you don't like the rejected crayon color
"couple hours dead" of my flesh

My genitalia doesn't make sibling decisions
you're not my sister because we share
the same crotchpot cooking

No one cares who I fuck
including the ones I fuck

and I couldn't care less
what happened to my ancestors
whatever else they may be
they're dead

What I do have inside me
mixed in the make-up of me
is justice

Did someone expect you
to get out of their way
because they didn't like your melatonin

Did someone expect you to think
in a certain way
because of your sex

Who told you 
who you had to fuck
because of the birth package
in your pants

Who expected you
to not expect more
because "you have it so much better
than your ancestors"

We're here
We're alive
We're privileged
We're denied

It's not
us against them
it's
us against it

Oh, yes, I have the anger for this

April 20, 2016


Image of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect picture for this powerful poem. crotchpot cooking - captures the essense

    ReplyDelete