Harbinger Of Regret

 Resurrecting old, original drives
the memories exhumed with every note
the emotions being dragged down by the memories with every decrescendo
Wasting time with new dreams
Impossible fantasies
But
facing the knowing
that's there's no one else to blame
Should've
Would've
Could've
create a dark funnel leading to
nowhere
everywhere
That voice
rising from a plethora of beautiful voices
holds up a broken mirror
rips open the truth
and makes the bleeding honest
What I had been capable of
the moment I heard what I could be capable of
and the fear I allowed to kill it
just as the sound I had been working for was being heard
Still I listen every day
attempting to reconcile with my past
without losing more time to it
to create some kind of art in my present
inspired every time I hear that voice sing

28-March-2024
Tressa Lee Breen






Images of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment