Bringer Of Joy

 Reawakening old, original drives
the memories unburied with every note
the emotions riding the memories up with every crescendo
New dreams with old ties form
Impossible fantasies
But
the feeling of richness
the feeling of home
Should've
Would've
Could've
create a dark funnel leading only to what can be done
That voice
rising from a plethora of beautiful voices
starts old engines
brings back the wholeness
and makes the loss of it fresh
What I had been capable of
the moment I heard what I could be capable of
and the fear that killed it
just as the sound I had been working for was being heard
Still I listen every day
taking the beating of my past
to get to the beauty still there but buried
brought out every time I hear that voice sing

3-March-2024
Tressa Lee Breen




Images of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment