Birthday Party Threesome

Last month was my 42nd birthday.  It was also my friend J’s 43rd and my friend S birthday (he’s not telling, but he’s the oldest).  A group of JREFers got together and had a Threesome Birthday Party for us. 

Unfortunately, I woke up not feeling well (which would become worse and I would be out of work for a few days) but still wanted to see everyone.  Not to mention that, it’s my birthday party too!  I’ll drag an oxygen tent!

The gifts were very eclectic.  J’s favorite was an M&M dispenser that was a bunch of M&Ms on a sled.   S got a TARDIS (not functional unfortunately, but since it was a miniature that’s probably just as well). 

C gave me the Housewife’s Tarot deck.  It’s a functional (using the term very loosely) deck with 1950's like housewife artwork.  It has instructions for a reading that spreads in the shape of a martini glass.  B got me a little Dancing Diva doll for my car dashboard (she looks like an early 1960s songstress).  J & M presented me with one large frog and one smaller frog in a caldron that sang about their fear of the witch coming home and putting them in a potion (I asked if I kissed the frogs if they would turn into Penn & Teller).  S surprised me with the Penn & Teller Ordinary Deck of Cards (which of course is anything but).                        

B asked why most of my gifts had a witchy theme to them.  She did not know that I had been Wiccan for twelve years.  She laughed and said, “Oh, I was going to say, ‘I don’t know Tressa that well but she seems really nice; I don’t know why everyone is going with this witch stuff.’” (It’s all an act B; I’m eeeevvvviiiillll.)

M made a fantastic cake with a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy theme and a Get Smart theme.  She had wanted to have something to represent the year each of us was born.  How she and J forgot Star Trek (which aired two weeks before my birth) is a mystery.  Hand over your Geek and Nerd cards!

S surprised everyone with a Bleeding Heart dessert from Penn & Teller’s book How To Play With Your Food and gave me the honor of first stab (as I left early so as to not faint at someone else’s house).  I played it to the hilt.  Not only was it bloody it was bloody tasty as well. 

Even not feeling well, I still had a bloody good time becoming the meaning of life!

October 22, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment