Moon Creature


Moon Creature

Solitary
like me…

Alone when I came into being
my Creator screamed when he beheld me
and cast me out
for he
my Father
in his lunatic wisdom
with sewn together grave bits
had forgotten to make me beautiful

You were there
when I crawled over the land
unknowing
what are you
unthinking
what am I
not understanding
I felt
hunger
curiosity
joy

Then those like my Father
taught me
pain
fear
trust
betrayal
and all names
for all things
even you
except me

Always your silver light was there
is there
making my path glow
back to my Father

I’ll beg of him
a boon
Make me a Love

If granted
she and I will live together
happy under your gaze

If not…

As you often hide
I too will take cover
and in the time of my waxing
show my Master's Love
another word I have gleaned

I have learned how to lie

October 8, 2014
Tressa Lee Breen


Cannot remember where I found first image.

Second image from "Danny Boyle's Frankenstein".

Both images used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

6 comments:

  1. At first I did not realize the source of the inspiration and was enjoying how it unfolded. Then when I realized what it was I enjoyed your imagery. But the best part is how you end the poem. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the imagery! That story (whether in book, movie or play form) is filled with inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Delicious, chilling, and wrenchingly lonely!

    BTW, we just bought that version of the periodic table at our state museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Tressa. Certainly contained a lot of images for us. See some of mine at gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete