A Little Light On The Situation

Woke up with a lampshade on
and not much else
crystal danglies
expensive head gear

Rolled over to see
a gorgeous what’s-his-name
giving me the eye
a little bruise along his lips
bringing back hazy memories
of what that mouth can do

Figuring Bette Davis
even with those eyes
could not be convincing
as innocent in this moment
I winked and doffed my chapeau

He laughed
leaned over
and grabbed my chain
“May I turn you on?”
I grabbed his
“You first”

July 3, 2020

Day 88 of 100

Prompt: use Expensive, Lampshade, Bruise, Convincing in a poem.

Reference to Bette Davis and to Kim Carnes's song, "Bette Davis Eyes".

Image from Lady Gaga's music video "Bad Romance", used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment