Eternal Conversation

 


It seems they'd been together a day


A long, beautiful conversation

It was a shock to realize the end could be so near

She turned to him
"If this is it for us I want you to know
I am so glad I met you"

He smiled nervously
"I was planning on asking you out"
and winked

"I was planning on saying yes"
she held out her hand

He took it in his
"I wouldn't have been able to wait too long
before kissing you"

She leaned toward him
"I'd get to kiss you back, right?"

Their embrace was rough at first
filled with fear and desperation

Then they slowed
and felt one another

An arm around shoulders
holding each other up
A hand through hair
tangled inside each other
Cheeks cupped
always there even when they couldn't be

A lifetime in a moment

And their lips continued their conversation
as they went down...

March 3, 2023
Tressa Lee Breen
Day 10 of 100
#The100DayProject2023
Image of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment