Killing Kit

Killing Kit

Things blown in on vicious words
tumbling over and over
on my memory carousel
childhood midway sets the stones
to hold my killing kit

And all the times
I would've walked away
but got caught in a familial zipper
or could've made a different choice
then snagged on a monetary hook
when I should've moved on
yet fell through an ignorant button hole
added a blade
a pill
another bit of rope
into the bottomless stomach 
of my killing kit

That big black bag is always there
tough old thing
always bulging
always room for more
always ready to open up
and swallow me whole
my killing kit
me

April 2, 2014
Tressa Lee Breen

Check out NaPoWriMoer wabi-sabi...beauty in imperfection's second entry "Lindwurm Riddle".

1 comment:

  1. Incredible intensity and rawness to the images. Very powerful

    ReplyDelete