Coggshall Park



City's version of nature
a stone veranda visitor center
not been used for a while
was a greeting
now a great place for a haunting

I was wrong about the version
so right about the haunting

There was an echo of a neighbor's voice
and a vision of my grandmother and her friend
across the water

Stone outcrops among the trees
reminds of battles past
when this land was not a park
but a home

Trees in the middle of the paths
roots outstretched
Protectors or Foreboders 
small red paint dots on some
marked as guardians
or marked for death

Turtles and geese watch me
or ignore me
I suppose I am the trespasser here
and nothing gives the cold shoulder
like a duck

The smell of the forest changes
when near the human made bridge
thankfully the sea diamonds do not use lose their sparkle
across Mirror lake

April 28, 2014
Tressa Lee Breen

Check out NaPoWriMoer wabi-sabi...beauty in imperfection's twenty-eight entry "Counterirritants".

2 comments: