Lovely Lunches



Lovely Lunches

Gray pebble path
cool
moist
slightly prickly

Pollen on the water
looks like gold dust
treasure
up from the bottom
or
fallen from the top

Leaves
so many designs
streaks
splotches
webs
so many shades of green
within green

Blackbirds
robins
no ducks today
no turkey feathers

Pollen on the land
falling lightly
nature dusting
cleaning house

Trees
in their many forms of majesty
leaning toward the water
eager swimmers

Fountain
sounds like laughter
being thrown into the air

Dark brown walk bridge
covered in golden green pollen
embraced in a web
humanity and nature
made their own temporary marble
Stalks of fauna leaning
as if trying to peek over my shoulder

Ripples of light
reflect from the water
onto the underside of branches
snakes of water and light

Eating and reading
solitary
but not alone

October 11, 2015
Tressa Lee Breen

Inspired by OctPoWriMo2015.

Photo taken by me.

4 comments:

  1. I see you've joined OctPoWriMo. Well done. I wish I'd known about it before. I missed it completely.
    See my words at gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely imagery. Makes me long for east coast autumns.

    ReplyDelete