The Weight Of Air












The Weight Of Air

Empty space
between molecules
infused with the words
of others’ lungs

The smell of me
all that was
and could’ve been
if I had attempted
to burn my name into the sun
and use my voice
as the purr of a lion
from deep within a cello
breathing light

Window plastic crinkling
in and out
looking at
an Acorn Manufacturing Co Inc
full of bushes, birds, and worlds

Living with
a boy who hears with his heart
a woman who speaks from behind a pen
a man with no stories to tell
nor dreams to fulfill
and a fading queen
the devil in white

I’ve always preferred
bleeding on dead trees
than carving in electric stones
and I discovered
the desire to write
and the ability to orgasm
were entwined

There I lay
drunk amidst the shards
of my self-inflicted
hostile jury
I am both the execution
and the pardon

So
look back
look back at me
a coffin floating down the road
after a storm

October 8, 2015
Tressa Lee Breen

Inspired by OctPoWriMo2015.

Cannot remember where I found image, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made and no offense intended.

2 comments: