Two Weeks













Two Weeks

Soft-lipped lullaby
tapping of heat to come
in a long unused house

Old school tattoos
jabbering jaws with New Agey flaws
the rising and lowering
statues reading to heaven
warm tummy
intrigue and mortar
comedy and florescence
between the maze edges
teen fantasies
however

Screaming down the hallway
scraping the walls like talons
no one can see
coins jangling behind

Bruises on her arm
fat puckered
slow moving
fear of a hit
and another hit
rotary
round and round

Around the edges
back and forth
never stray far
never go deep
always a cycle
always recycle

Can’t shut myself up
can’t turn myself off
a drain in the brain
no cure you can feign

There is no darkness in my despair
for I have seen the light
and it is black

October 7, 2015 
Tressa Lee Breen

Inspired by OctPoWriMo2015.

Cannot remember where I found image, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made and no offense intended.

2 comments: