Derecho


Wind in from the right 
and knocks my job out of the country 
and me back in to an aisle and a name tag

Wind in from the left
and I get swept in to court
because someone doesn’t know
that a Black Hole is an actual thing
and not a racial slur

Wind up from the bottom
and a drunk totals my car in a parking lot
or lightening burns down my house
and then I’ll hear air whistling through my bank account 

Wind out from genetics 
and breast cancer begins 
or I prove doubters wrong 
when my heart starts to clog and slow 

A huff and a puff 
and a storm can blow our lives down 

April 7, 2020

Derecho:
noun, plural derechos,
a widespread and severe windstorm that moves along a fairly straight path and is associated with bands of rapidly moving thunderstorms.

Day 7 of 30

Day 1 of 100

Image of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment