Spark



I can’t remember what first came together
to create the initial flicker
but puberty stoked the flames
ink on paper
celluloid stories 
sexy silly sad little love songs 
the sparkle of a beautiful woman 
the smile of a handsome man 
all fed the fire 
I hunt for food everywhere 
because I starve 
always the hunger 
my constant companion 
always prowling 
digging 
scrounging 
for nourishment 
the ravenous 
exquisite 
craving 
that keeps me creating more 

April 14, 2020

Day 14 of 30
National Global Poetry Writing Month
NaGloPoWriMo prompt: write about what inspires you.

Day 8 of 100

Image of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

4 comments:

  1. I hunt for food everywhere
    because I starve
    always the hunger
    my constant companion

    Intense

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be rewriting this one in the future as I'd like to make it more intense. Didn't succeed this time around but only had 1 day. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not get a clear singular picture of what inspires you - an inventory of inspiration makers. Is this what you intended?

    ReplyDelete