Reimagine (7 of 7)



The idea of a rewrite
is ash
I stretch daily
so my reach matches my grasp
Always remember
hooks can be cut
and flesh is precious
is mine
I do not need to restore the writer
I just need to pick up a pen
Some nights I sleep
and some days I rest
and that is just life
I reconnect with my dreams
and check the monsters graves
for the occasional zombie
that needs putting down
I do not need to reimagine
because I know how
to do the work
to make my future
mine

May 17, 2020

Day 41 of 100

Day 7 of 7
Spring Writing Challenge on Instagram
#HopeWriterLife
Prompt: Reimagine
Prompt 6: Reconnect
Prompt 5: Rest
Prompt 4: Restore
Prompt 3: Remember
Prompt 2: Reach
Prompt 1: Rewrite

Image of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

1 comment: