Pain, Pearls and Happiness



I've got my pain like pearls hanging around my neck

I can hear them clack against one another
like pain is a competition
and the last one to crack
wins

I don't want to be a monster
the devil walking the earth
when not frozen on the throne of my hell
reliving the tears and track marks down my face
while my life continues to wave on by

Perhaps I should become the monster

Embrace the fight to break the freeze

And that's the fear that stops the flight

Right up to the door but can't walk through

Maybe the window is the way

Maybe my monster has wings

I clutch at my pain
and begin the long rip and tear
for release only comes with breaking
one pearl at a time

Scaring myself into happiness

February 24, 2023
Tressa Lee Breen
Day 3 of 100
#The100DayProject2023
 Image of unknown origin, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made, and no offense intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment